Dec 2020 - Practical Business Development and Capture Tips
• Establishing an effective Business Development Process.
• Running an effective pipeline review.
• What happens between lead identification and RFP release?
• Tips on effective Capture.
Date: December 4, 2020
Time: 12 PM (EST)
Eric Gregory, CPP APMP Fellow
Executive Consultant & Advisor
Chief Executive Officer
ProposalHelper & BidExecs
Nov 2020 - Conformity is not the answer. It is the enemy – How to design powerful brand experiences that stand apart in a sea of similarity.
Across organizations and industries, brands are beginning to look, feel, and sound more homogeneous and predictable than ever. The trends towards responsive design and standard themes introduce enormous efficiencies, but with those efficiencies there comes a creative cost: a certain uniformity of look and feel. So, how can organizations use design to stand out in saturated markets?
Date and Time: November 20, 2020. 12:00 PM (EST)
Speaker: Dharma Pachner – Founder + Director at Contrast & Co.
Moderator: Ken Fang – President at Mobomo, LLC
Host: Reena Bhatia – CEO at ProposalHelper & BidExecs
Oct 2020 - Planning during a Continuing Resolution (CR) and “Ask the CO”
- What does Continuing Resolution mean for the Agency and for the Contractors?
- Effective Growth Strategy – how to plan during a CR?
- How to read the agency’s forecasts – what to do with them?
- Open Mic – Ask the CO your burning questions on anything related to procurement – from marketing to the CO to the role of CO during and after proposal evaluation and submission. Submit questions early!
Sept 2020 - Gaining a Competitive Edge: Indirect Rates
Aug 2020 - Mission Matters
This session will dive into the five key considerations for your indirect rate strategy:
1. Do you know your market and how your rates compare?
2. Do your rates align with your current and future business goals?
3. Have you thought of accounting for certain costs in different ways?
4. When do you need a value-added G&A base?
When done correctly, pricing and discounting strategies can still result in profit.
Speaker: Donna Dominguez, Director in Aronson LLC’s Government Contract Services Group
Moderator: Pallabi Saboo, Chief Executive Officer for Harmonia Holdings Group, LLC.
Host: Reena Bhatia, CEO of ProposalHelper & BidExecs
1. What are the near term and long term priorities?
2. Current technology challenges and opportunities
3. What can contractors expect in the road ahead?
4. What innovative technologies are on the horizon?
Aug 2020 - Joint Ventures, Teaming and Mentor Protege: The Good, Bad and Very Ugly.
It is estimated that U.S. Military spending from Oct. 1, 2020 to Sep. 30 2021 will be over $934 billion. This is for one federal agency. As such, the Federal Government is setting aside larger and larger projects for SBA 8(a), SDVOSB, WOSB and other small businesses. These small businesses are rightfully scrambling to get a piece of these lucrative contracting source.
Joint Venture, Teaming and the SBA Mentor Protégé program are among the best ways to better increase the likelihood of successfully being awarded and performing the project work. However, Joint Ventures, Prime Subcontractor Teaming arrangements and the Mentor Protégé program can be a recipe for success or a recipe for total disaster. It is essential that contractors understand the numerous game-changing SBA regulations on Joint Ventures, Teaming and Mentor Protégé programs that can drive the success or failure of a project. Bottom line: It is crucial to understand the potential risks and liabilities before these agreements are signed.
Michelle will discuss the many great benefits to engaging in these arrangements. She will also discuss lessons learned on joint ventures, teaming and Mentor Protégé arrangements that have turned horribly soured and tips on avoiding these disasters. Among the numerous topics we will discuss and frequently asked questions we will consider:
- Practical concerns in pursuing contracts as a small business team.
- Creating Joint Venture, Teaming and Mentor Protégé relationships that make sense and properly address and reduce potential risk exposures.
- Legal, Financial and Practical issues to address when forming Joint Ventures and Prime-Subcontract teaming arrangements
- Affiliation and Subcontracting Limitations issues and SBA regulations.
- Hard questions to ask your prospective Teaming and Joint Venture partners.
- Lessons learned by small businesses the hard way.
- How small and large businesses can work together legally and ethically.
June 2020 - Can Contractors Request Contract Modifications to Accommodate Teleworking? (All about COVID-19 Section 3610)
Speaker : Christoph Mlinarchik, JD, CFCM, PMP Owner of www.ChristophLLC.com Expert advice in government contracts
Moderator : Cherylyn Harley LeBon Partner with Dunlap, Bennett, and Ludwig
Host: Reena Bhatia, CEO of ProposalHelper & BidExecs
1. What is COVID-19 Section 3610?
2. How does it impact your current contract
3. How do you negotiate a contract modification to accommodate telework?
4. How do you avoid layoffs and still afford to pay for employee ‘idle’ time?
May 2020 - How to Maximize Profits on Every Project
Speaker : Zaneta Handa Chief of Staff Manufacturing, A&D, Automotive, and Life Sciences at Capgemini N.A.
Moderator: Reena Bhatia, CEO of ProposalHelper and BidExecs.
Role of a Project Controller and how you can maximize profits on every project.
* Role and Benefits of a Project Controller
* Why job profit and why now?
* Job Profit project cycle
* Best practices to mitigate job profit risk
May 22, 2020 8:30 AM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)
April 2020 - Job Loss Protection That Pays the Rent
The pandemic exposed the fragility of Americans to job loss and disability. Workers now understand the value of protection for their most basic asset:Their Home. Looking forward, there is a solution.
Our presenter- Kishan Alexander from World Insurance Associates LLC will introduce the Rent Guarantee program that gives tenants peace-of-mind with rent guarantees, designed to keep them current on rent if they lose their job or become disabled and unable to work.
April 2020 - Working with large Primes – Be an attractive Subcontractor
Nancy Peters – CACI Federal, Inc.
Vice President, Business Development
Small Business Advocate
Teaming with large companies must be one part of your core growth strategy. Being an attractive Small Business takes more than just relationships! Learn what the Large Primes are looking for from small business partners, so you can tailor your message and make it easy for them to bring you along!
Discussion topics include:
• What large primes look for in small business partners
• How to get started and a word about timing
• How small businesses can discriminate themselves from others
• How to expand your business with your large prime partner
• What are the deal breakers?
April, 2020 - CARES ACT Webinar for Small Business Vietnamese Language)
The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan<https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance> (EIDL) program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
The programs and initiatives in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was just passed by Congress are intended to assist business owners with whatever needs they have right now. When implemented, there will be many new resources available for small businesses, as well as certain nonprofits and other employers.
If your small business has been impacted by coronavirus, join this free online webinar to learn more about these programs including:
* Eligibility requirements
* Use of proceeds
* Filing requirements
March 2020 - Will opportunities begin to shrink in the Federal market for Small Businesses?
Between the Small Business Runway Extension Act, CMMC, and the Federal Spending Budget, what should small businesses expect? Is it actually possible for opportunities to shrink for small businesses? Join us for a 30-minute webinar to discuss what Tonya Saunders of Washington Premier Group (WPG) has to share. Tonya Saunders offers business intelligence insight and expert advice to GovCons with deep understanding of the ‘politics behind the scenes’. Learn how your business development efforts might be impacted from a respected lobbyist with over 20 years of experience working on the Hill.
Thinking through the politics of business development is not just for the large businesses. This information packed webinar will shed light on how your competitors leverage WPG to advocate for them. Tonya has been very generous with her time supporting ProposalHelper clients get face time with agency decision makers. We are excited to host Tonya Saunders of Washington Premier Group (WPG) and founder of Mid-Tier Advocacy (MTA) to broaden the way we think about business development.
Topics to be discussed:
1) What should we expect from various changes proposed to the SB rules?
2) Role of lobbyists and how Mid and Large Business (MLBs) use influencers to push their agenda
3) What can SBs do to improve their positioning using resources like WPG?
4) Brief note on Mid-Tier Advocacy (MTA)
Feb 2020 - Bid & Protest: Before You Run to Your Lawyer
Ms. Karen Long
Streamline Government Contracts, LLC
Protests have become the competitive weapons as more and more companies enter the GovCon scene. When you receive an “Unsuccessful Offeror” letter and you have processed your emotions, it’s time to think straight and get to work. Before you run to your legal counsel to file a protest, there are several things you can do to be prepared.
Hosted by the Asian American Chamber of Commerce (AACC) and moderated by Reena Bhatia, CEO of ProposalHelper, this information filled webinar will provide you with useful tips while you navigate the beltway traffic!